In the last year with gyms closed, fitness classes cancelled, and schools out, we ended up spending a lot more time at home (in the kitchen). As a consequence many of us have a little extra weight to lose.
You can take control of your body and lose weight efficiently by stopping these 6 things right now:
1. SUGAR - If you add sugar in your food (coffee, tea, baking, etc.), aim to cut this down, or even better cut it out. In the UK it is recommended for females to consume less than 24g, or 6 teaspoons, of sugar per day
2. FRIED FOOD - Fried foods are high in fats and calories. Instead try roasting, steaming, broiling, baking or grilling.
3. MEAT - There is much less saturated fat in fruits, vegetables and legumes than there is in animal products.
4. PROCESSED FOODS - avoid processed foods that boast about being fat free. It is often the case that in order to remove the fat from such products manufacturers add extra sugar to improve the taste. This generally results in additional calories, often in excess of those contained in the regular, full fat versions of the same product. Those extra calories only serve to hinder weight loss efforts.
5. FAD DIETS / DIET FOODS - A diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean meats or other pure protein sources will help you feel satisfied while losing weight. By avoiding fad diets or special diet foods, you can change your eating habits, become generally healthier, save money, reach your target weight, and maintain it easily.
6. EATING FAST - If you are having trouble making your diet healthier, start by eating slower. A lot of people eat far too fast and can overeat before they even realize they are full. This habit leads to more calorie consumption which is a large cause of weight gain.